Good point & shoot camera for underwater photo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take a look at the Canon A620 and Canon housings. Camera has an undewater mode with auto white balance. The photos in my gallery (see link in my profile at left) were all taken with this camera, and I have been very happy with it.

i have been using a canon sd550 with the canon housing. about 420 total for everything. it is good, has manual white ballance and does fine. I don't know if it will take a stobe or not. the pics on my site were taken with it.

good luck!

Shop around -- I got my Olympus SP-350 for $179 just last week via Amazon.com for the purpose of introducing myself to underwater photography.

JDelage:
All,

What cameras do people here like to use when diving? I have a Canon 20D SLR, but I don't think I'm ready to take it diving. I'd love to get a high end P&S, ideally with RAW shooting capabilities.

Thanks,

JD

I got a new Canon A630 and housing from Mr. Claus and it's pretty sweet, no strobe but it takes nice pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88052882@N00/

Poog:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom