good pocket snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still carry my old snorkel, but not on my head. I added a bungee loop attached to the back left shoulder weight pocket on my Seaquest Balance BC, and a larger, adjustable loop attached (lower on the back) to the plastic frame of the BC. The upper end of the snorkel goes through the loop on the weight pocket. The lower loop functions like an octo holder around the snorkel mouthpiece. When I wear the BC, the snorkel is not easily visible, but I can find the mouthpiece easily with one hand, and pull it out whenever needed. Streamlined, invisible, accessible and doesn't occupy pocket space. Cost ~ $1.

Two choices for a pocket snorkel: Best at folding in a compact manner, or best at actual use as a snorkel. The Aqualung Snap and the Sherwood Avid fold up the best, but in practice are very mediocre snorkels. The Oceanic Pocket Snorkel doesn't fold up as compactly, but it make a darn good snorkel.

I chose the Oceanic Pocket Snorkel, because I figure if I want a snorkel bad enough to bother deploying it, I want a good one.

The Sherwood Avid has been discontinued, presumably because of a lack of demand sufficient to justify further production by the manufacturer. I found one on eBay a few days ago and bought it for the minimum bid ($26). :confused:

Does anyone know when the Aqualung Snap went out of production? I only recently discovered it when I saw it hanging off someone's BC. It's just what I am looking for. And if anyone knows were to get one, please let me know.

Does anyone know when the Aqualung Snap went out of production? I only recently discovered it when I saw it hanging off someone's BC. It's just what I am looking for. And if anyone knows were to get one, please let me know.

The 2007 Aqualung online catalogue still shows the Snap. You might try contacting Aqualung directly. Per their website (www.aqualung.com), you can call for customer service or questions about Aqua Lung products at 877-253-3483 or email to support@aqualung.com.

Scuba Pro folding snorkel. I think I got it from a dive shop on ebay.

Attachments

• 176.jpg
    176.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 50

Back
Top Bottom