Good Places in Belize for Newbies to Dive and Getting there from Utila?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiffany

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a very freshly minted diver (two dives after my OW certification and maybe a dozen before the class). My boyfriend and I are finalizing plans to return to Utila (and possibly travel elsewhere) based on another thread. Does anyone have any recommendations for newbie oriented dive sites to check out in Belize? I googled Protech, which is mentioned repeatedly on this site for Belize, but the dives they're describing (a lot of then over 100 feet) are obviously way out of my experience and comfort zone.

Also, does anyone have any ideas about getting from La Ceiba/Utila to Belize or other somewhat nearby locations cheaply?

Most of the dives we do are well within your comfort range. The reason we list the deeper ones is that many other dive centers don't offer them at all. In any case, the dive we do at the moment is determined by the divers, not us.

I think there's a boat from Utila to PG in Belize, but I've never looked for it and may be wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom