Good Online Source for Digital Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried that awhile ago ....to no avail..... I even said to a manager that you would rather lose my business than get close to the price. I'm sure these guys are feeling the pressure more and more and would give it a shot .....what do you have to lose!!!!

But if all else fails .....B&H photo in NY is very hard to beat ..... for service and price…As far as AUTHORIZED dealers go....

We tried another online photo house that Claimed to be Authorized......price was great and less than many others seemed very legit and were listed on CNET ....got the camera home only to find out it was a "gray" market camera and was packaged with out "optional" items that came with the cameras distributed by Authorized dealers.....So in the end (sent that camera right back) we paid a little more BUT we received several "optional" accessories plus the guarantee that if we had problems with the camera it would be taken care of under warrantee.

What ever you do make sure they are a authorized seller for what your buying....Big chains shouldn't be an issue...but check the little guys and online sellers.... if repair is needed this is important as it will end up back at the factory anyway

Well...if I do buy online I'll probably go with BuyDig.com. They seem to have the best online rating across the board (BizRate, PriceGrabber, MySimon, etc.).

I'm going to print out their price/offer and take it to BestBuy and/or Circuit City, just for kicks and giggles. I don't expect much of a response, but oh well.

The way I figure it, if I break the camera, BestBuy or Circuit City probably will tell me to go pound sand anyway. And with some of the testimonials I read from customers on PriceGrabber and BizRate, they've sent the camera back in the event they have problems and everything was fixed ok. Sure, the local store would be nice, but if I was saving over $200 by going online?....hmmmm.

Just out of curiosity, I noticed that BuyDig says they don't sell "grey market" products. I'm not sure if it means they are an authorized dealer or not.....which I doubt. B&H Photo looked nice, but their price is the same as BestBuy/Circuit City.

Anyway, if the BestBuy/Circuit City thing doesn't pan out, there's a local dealer which I may try out.

Thanks to all for the info so far :D, and any more testimonials/experiences would be much appreciated

I recently bought an Olympus C-5050z from http://www.bilibi.com

Overall I am pleased with what I paid for the camera. I bought the extended warranty also. So far I am very pleased with this camera. I have only taken pictures on land, and will need to get used to all of the functions before I even attempt to try this setup underwater. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom