Good Maui shore night dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
When I say good, I mean casual, easy entry, easy nav, easy access, no current. I am an experienced beach night diver, but my wife is not, so I want it chill for her.

I know it's always condition dependent. I've always thought Black Rock would make a good night dive, but that's just from memory from snorkeling it 20 years ago. Staying in Kihei, though.

Thanks

Charlie99:
Black Rock makes a nice night dive, although sometimes the current can be flowing pretty strongly.

If you are in Kihei, the easiest night dive is Ulua.

Sounds like it all comes around to Ulua, LOL. As of now we're lookig at a get re-acquainted with the gear shore dive on Friday sometime..... at Ulua, not sure of the time yet. I assume earlier the better for parking and wind concerns.

ChrisM:
Sounds like it all comes around to Ulua, LOL. As of now we're lookig at a get re-acquainted with the gear shore dive on Friday sometime..... at Ulua, not sure of the time yet. I assume earlier the better for parking and wind concerns.
It's not uncommon for the parking lot to be full by 9AM, and very often by 10AM. If it is full, just go down the road a ways to Polo Beach, White Rock, or Makena Landing where parking isn't a problem. Those are also nice, easy dives.

Go with a local guide. It will be much more chill for both you and your wife.

When are you going to be in town? Sounds like you're here now or very soon. Conditions were horrible all last week and are just starting to (slowly) return to normal.

Back
Top Bottom