Good Koh Lanta Dive Op? Accommodation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Sunday

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just booked a trip to Phuket in Feb 2010 and am looking for recommendations on a good dive outfit on Koh Lanta. We want to get in some Island time before heading to the Similans via liveaboard.

I would like to get out to Hin Daeng, Hin Muang, Koh Ha. Also we are CCR and OC tech divers so tech friendly would be nice (although not 100% needed).

Any recommendations on accommodation or things to do on Koh Lanta would be great as well.

Thanks!

Ken

Last edited:
Yeah we will be bringing our Megs with us. Just need access to oxygen and a ride to the sites.

The guys I worked with that were CCR were all out of the German shop.... it's name it coming to me.... I drank many beers with them.... Koh Lanta Dive Center.

Christian Mietz is the manager

TDA/CMAS 5 Star Tec Academy
180 Moo 1, Saladan, Ko Lanta,
81150 Krabi, Thailand
Tel.:/Fax: 0066 75 684 065
Ko Lanta Diving Center
info@kolantadivingcenter.com

It's a nice shop, and I don't mean German in a disparaging way. It's just nost of the customers are... German. But they cater to all, and everyone I worked with spoke English too.

If you do go say hi to Roland, Illona, and Sacha if they return next season. Good people.

Very nice boat, by the way. Fast. Although we had to tow it in with ours once :) Only time we ever beat them back to the pier. Very funny night.

Have fun over there. I loved my 5 months of working there.

hi kgdiver,

there's about 18 dive centres on the island to choose from. You can get contact details for them from our directory if that's helpful...

Ko Lanta Dive Centre Directory

In terms of things to do, the island is very chilled, with beautiful sunsets and beaches, elephant trekking, some caves to explore and plenty of nice places to relax.

Thanks for the replies. We just booked our accommodation on Lanta so its time to decide who to dive with. There are some good recommendations above.

Cheers

Its worth noting that for trips to Hin Daeng/Muang, if you take one of the bigger boats from Saladan (northern part of Koh Lanta Yai), its a 4 hour trip, departing 7am, returning 6pm. If you take a speed boat from the southern part, its just over an hour, leave at 9am, back by 3pm. Pimalai divers is one of the shops with a speedboat from the southern tip, however they cater to the 5star resorts on the island and are pricier (but they have nice cheeses on board). I think Dive and Relax is another shop with a proper speedboat operating out of the southern Koh Lanta.

I would like to get out to Hin Daeng, Hin Muang, Koh Ha. Also we are CCR and OC tech divers so tech friendly would be nice (although not 100% needed).

Lanta Diver are a brilliant company KG.

Myself and my girlfriend did our Open Water in Dec 07 and we enjoyed it so much we took a day off (Xmas Eve) and then started our advanced the next day!

We had a great divemaster called Ingrid although I think she has now left the Island for good.

Have a great trip.

Its worth noting that for trips to Hin Daeng/Muang, if you take one of the bigger boats from Saladan (northern part of Koh Lanta Yai), its a 4 hour trip, departing 7am, returning 6pm. If you take a speed boat from the southern part, its just over an hour, leave at 9am, back by 3pm. Pimalai divers is one of the shops with a speedboat from the southern tip, however they cater to the 5star resorts on the island and are pricier (but they have nice cheeses on board). I think Dive and Relax is another shop with a proper speedboat operating out of the southern Koh Lanta.

Lanta Diver are a brilliant company KG.

Myself and my girlfriend did our Open Water in Dec 07 and we enjoyed it so much we took a day off (Xmas Eve) and then started our advanced the next day!

We had a great divemaster called Ingrid although I think she has now left the Island for good.

Have a great trip.

Good stuff. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom