Good ideas that never made it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuff045.jpg-fw.jpg
bob001-fw.jpg
h-154-fw.jpg
The snap and flex of the fin is partly due to the angle but also partly due to the material. They are expensive new, but not so compared to other items made of the same material, such as skateboard wheels or inline skating wheels, which are considered a disposable wear item.
Going to spend some time on this issue of cost and for once bury the issue. Looked up Powell skate wheels cost. Powell made Force Fin Tan Delta for some time. George Powell is a legend and it's located here in Santa Barbara. The weight of a pair of Force Fin originals is around 5 lbs. This includes the pour area and flash to be trimmed. 16 hours of heat treat at 240 degree. Working with several skate board wheel manufactures over the past 40 years I have seen how easy they make the wheels. Way less work than making Force Fins. When I explain our cost, one will think that I am nuts to make so little money. I guess it became a passion to make the best Fins in the World. A wheel cost from $29.95 to @ 39.95. Each wheel weight 1/2 pound. Add it up to around $300.00 for low end Poly Urethane to $400.00 high performance ( what we use). Sweat and hot heat and tough work. Plus we use American Labor and produce here in the USA. I guess this issue might be mute, since we plan to make a line of super cheap swim fins next year, right here in America. Reuse of waste plastics. Will last around one year, so you keep buying, year after year. A normal pair of Force Fins last around 20 plus years. . Keep you posted. Why Force Fins Are Made In U.S.A. - Force Fin

I am kicking...insurance for one year $6,000, Patent cost over 6 years $750,000, Ad's and trade shows per year $100,00o plus, commissions, thousands, commercial property loan and taxes, 12 employees, California workman comp, cost of product, molds cost and expensive epoxy materials ..what left in the end, not much for all the effort. Except for over a Million Happy customers and that is worth more than money.
20180926_111911.jpg

I know these designs would have blown out the competition. Funny how certain events change our History. The Dive Industry Media was able to push us down for no
80-special-sd1-fw.jpg
reason than we were rising up. But years later I look back at the wonderful concepts while packing up to move some place. I have many models to share with our friend here on SB

OPS was a wonderful idea, but after years .... we just moved on to other more important projects like water. Looks like our desalination patents will issue in Israel. CHESS+EVANS LLC
ops002-fw.png
Thank you for many orders. purchase while you can production just told us price is going up due to inflation and fuel cost. Was to be expected with a new administration. But fuel cost going up is good for our other company Aerohance.com AeroHance GasPods Project – Be Atmospheric

Attachments

• IMG_5547.jpg-fw.jpg
    IMG_5547.jpg-fw.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 81
View attachment 659365 View attachment 659366 View attachment 659367
Going to spend some time on this issue of cost and for once bury the issue. Looked up Powell skate wheels cost. Powell made Force Fin Tan Delta for some time. George Powell is a legend and it's located here in Santa Barbara. The weight of a pair of Force Fin originals is around 5 lbs. This includes the pour area and flash to be trimmed. 16 hours of heat treat at 240 degree. Working with several skate board wheel manufactures over the past 40 years I have seen how easy they make the wheels. Way less work than making Force Fins. When I explain our cost, one will think that I am nuts to make so little money. I guess it became a passion to make the best Fins in the World. A wheel cost from $29.95 to @ 39.95. Each wheel weight 1/2 pound. Add it up to around $300.00 for low end Poly Urethane to $400.00 high performance ( what we use). Sweat and hot heat and tough work. Plus we use American Labor and produce here in the USA. I guess this issue might be mute, since we plan to make a line of super cheap swim fins next year, right here in America. Reuse of waste plastics. Will last around one year, so you keep buying, year after year. A normal pair of Force Fins last around 20 plus years. . Keep you posted. Why Force Fins Are Made In U.S.A. - Force Fin
I'm glad to see the math that verifies what I estimated years ago. I did practically the same comparison using skate board wheels knowing force fins were the same material and after seeing a "how it's made" documentary on skate board wheels. I never bought into planned obsolescence. I would rather buy something once and use it for a long time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom