Good hotel/dive packages on Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not know of a bad shop on Bonaire. If I had to choose then it would be either Buddy Dive or Wannadivebonaire. I have had the pleasure of diving with both of them and have friends at both shops. Both have great staffs and good operations, you will not go wrong with either of them. If you are staying at GRI then the answer is easy, they are partnered with Wannadive so go with them. Because there are no bad shops on Bonaire it's usually just easier to go with the shop that is associated with your resort, it just makes things easier, esp for your first trip.

Just got home for Bonaire. I stayed at Capt. Don's did 11 boat dive 6 shore dives, one on the east side. I like the boat dives, put your stuff on the boat and leave it here for all 3 dives of the day. Shore diving is easy in most spots but not as nice as boat dives. Get a guided night dive on the salt pier it is great. You will enjoy Bonaire, food was good, people a Capt Don's were great. Tom

I returned from a trip to Bonaire on 7/24/10. When setting up our trip, we worked with Ann Phelan and she set us up at the Coral Paradise Resort (CPR). The CPR reviews on Trip Advisor were outstanding. It's a small, budget resort that borders Captain Don's Habitat. We purchased a package at CPR with diving through Captain Don's dive shop and had unlimited access to their great house reef. Kenny & Margaret Treadway, the owners of Coral Paradise, made sure we had everything we needed all week. Since CPR is small, it was a lot of fun to meet and talk to the other divers around the pool in the evening. I would absolutely stay there again if I make it back to Bonaire.

P.S: If the hotel is nearby other good shore diving locations, that is a definite plus. Were hoping to make at least 3 dives a day, 1 or 2 being boat, and any others being shore dives. Austin

It is easy to do 3 dives a day (I do anywhere between 1 and 5 depending on mood). Unless you stay on the water and do only the house reef, renting a truck is optimal. Distance is not a big deal: you will understand more when you get there. It could be anywhere from about two minutes to twenty minutes, depending on the site you select. There are likely to be many sites fairly close to you regardless of where you stay.

The bigger choices are: Do you stay south of town: Plaza, Divi, Carib Inn, Bel Mar, HHH, in Belnem, etc. or do you stay north of town (Buddy, Dons, GRI, Black Durgeon, etc.)? Do you stay on the water or not?

I have stayed at Buddy's and am thinking of staying there again. The food was fair but the shore diving was great. Your stay includes a pick up truck and a drive thru for picking up tanks. Evening entertain was provided and lively.

I was curious if anyone had a preferred dive shop that they have done business with from whom I could rent all my gear for a week along with unlimited air? I've been looking around, and I've found a few good ones it seems, but I figure you guys are the ones who have actually dealt with them :)

I can highly recommend Plaza Resort as a place to stay, and they seem to have some good packages running currently.

Nearly every resort in Bonaire has a dive op on premises or is otherwise affiliated with one. (Plaza has Toucan Diving) Probably a good idea to work with whomever is "right there" if only from a logistical standpoint. PS - they all have unlimited air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom