Good diving, easy access in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My only Asian diving experience has been Puerto Galera in .ph (which I thought was great). I know about Raja Ampat, but I guess that is in a different category of travel (another 24h of travel). I'm wondering if there is something roughly comparable to PG in Indonesia. To simplify, suppose Tokyo or Seoul as a starting point.

Noted. I will probably already be in Japan, but my dive buddy will fly from eastern Canada. A casual glance suggests those flights seem to go through Narita or maybe Dubai.

I'm wondering if there is something roughly comparable to PG in Indonesia.
In order of ease of reaching from abroad: Bali, Manado (Bunaken, Bangka and/or Lembeh - assuming you are interested into macro) and Komodo are probably the most popular areas in Indonesia together with Raja Ampat.

I haven't dived in Philippines but all these areas should be better than or at least comparable to PG.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom