Good divesites close to Mississippi (Hattiesburg)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you're 3 to 5 hours from some of the best diving in the Gulf. Pick a direction from SW to ESE, and your combined drive and boat ride will be between 3 and 5 hours. SW you have the LA rigs, ESE you have PC to Gulf Shores, assuming the infrastructure to get you out remains after Sunday. 3 hours south of Dog Key pass are a bunch of paltforms that are awesome dives, but get some diving with a reachable bottom in the log book before trying those.

FT

I am also up here in Hattiesburg. I'd like to welcome you to join in the MS Underwater Divers Club in Hattiesburg. Call 601 545-DIVE (3483). Tell them that Howard mentioned the club. I just graduated from underwater basket weaving school yesterday (a fun event sponsored by the shop). I don't get a lot of free time in my current job, but have gear will travel. I have less than 20 dives, so I am relatively new to the sport as well, but willing to find any good sized puddle with a bottom depth of over 50'. PM me for any specifics on local events.

philmottrek99and02:
I am also up here in Hattiesburg. I'd like to welcome you to join in the MS Underwater Divers Club in Hattiesburg. Call 601 545-DIVE (3483). Tell them that Howard mentioned the club. I just graduated from underwater basket weaving school yesterday (a fun event sponsored by the shop). I don't get a lot of free time in my current job, but have gear will travel. I have less than 20 dives, so I am relatively new to the sport as well, but willing to find any good sized puddle with a bottom depth of over 50'. PM me for any specifics on local events.

Are these the guys who teach the NAUI course in town? or are you based out of sea urchins?

Couple diveable quarries in mid and northern Alabama. You have the Gulf Coast from Gulf Shores to Panama City teaming with sites, offshore, inshore, and even a handfull of beachable sites. FLs panhandle has quite a few beautiful freshwater springs that are worth checking out. You have rig dives off of Pascagoula and west offshore of LA.

How far are you willing to travel?

Back
Top Bottom