Good deal for used teric and transmitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

llyamah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does this look like a good buy?

£1k for the computer and transmitter. Seller says used once, but it looks a bit dinged up to me?

Make sure it’s not a scammer. Ask for a photo of the display showing serial number.

What’s retail in the UK for both?

Make sure it’s not a scammer. Ask for a photo of the display showing serial number.

Thank you. Retail in UK for both is £1,199 (but can be had at a very slight discount of £1,166 at the moment). I would rather pay the extra £166 so would only buy this if I could get the seller to reduce their price.

I'm thinking this looks a bit bashed up to be used just once - would you agree?

Not loading well on my mobile. There have been a rash of fraudulently obtained Shearwaters showing up here and on eBay plus FB Marketplace in the US. Ask seller for more details. Smells a bit fishy to me though

Thanks for your input. I have just realised this seller is looking for starting bids at £1k.... so probably not for me anyway.

Hey, just a quick question as I have found another one on FB market place... if I get photos of the display with the s/n, what can I actually do with that / how can I check that all is legit?

Hey, just a quick question as I have found another one on FB market place... if I get photos of the display with the s/n, what can I actually do with that / how can I check that all is legit?
Shearwater apparently has a list of stolen serial numbers. The key is does the deal seem too good to be true. Very cheap price, barely used, etc

Also ask why the seller is getting rid of it.

Shearwater apparently has a list of stolen serial numbers. The key is does the deal seem too good to be true. Very cheap price, barely used, etc
So what happens if you bought a shearwater and the serial number shows up stolen? Do they refuse to service it or keep it if it is sent in for service?

So what happens if you bought a shearwater and the serial number shows up stolen? Do they refuse to service it or keep it if it is sent in for service?

You won’t be able to get it serviced. Check out the thread about the scammers

Back
Top Bottom