good cold water boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

size 9. and because the merino-lined boots are so good, I've had my LDS order me a pair of the merino-lined attack gloves and the merino-lined hood... can't wait!

now I must go plunge into the depths of Lake Superior where the water is actually cold..not that wussy 'Monterey cold' LOL :)
Hmmm...those of us Wussy Monterey divers know a drysuit, Otterbay hood, and attached dry gloves are the only way to stay warm on longer dives in just cold water, not freezing water like in the Wisconsin area :mooner:

11.5EEE diving 48-52F average water temps, down to 44F at depth.

I use 7mm size 12 O'Neill firewall FX-7 booties fit me the best. The FX-5 would also work for me. The FX-7 is a little warm for me at times.

today 36F with icky vis. the lake only recently lost it's winter crust :D

So I got my Pinnacle Merino-Barracuda Boot 7mm boots today and they fit great. I ordered a size 12. Now to try them out in the lake.

a lil' over a year ago I too was considering buying a Coldwater pair of poots to replace my standard 5mm (?) boots...

I ended up just getting a pair of neoprene socks 1mm, solved my cold feet problem for about a Third of the price of a new pair of boots.

I live in the Great Lakes area, today's dive (at the quarry) water temp was 48 degrees at depth.

Good luck with the Pinnacles. I hope they're as effective for you as they are for me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom