Good but cheap gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoede

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going to be doing a divemaster internship this summer and I'm looking to getting my own gear. What some cheap brands that will last for a couple of years

Better yet, find some gently used quality gear, service it and it will last you a life time. Scubapro and US Divers/Aqualung are your best bets since they still support a lot of their older gear.

Sales are a great way to save. Just last fall I picked up two complete sets of Apex TX50 regs for 299 each. They were "old stock" but so what? They work great.

I have also gotten good stuff from my LDS, from Craigslist and from this site as well!! Check out the for sale pages here on SB.

Don't most shops offer employee pricing to DM's? Why not see if you will have a chance to get a great deal on some new gear?

Having said that... I would not buy 'just any' gear just for a cheap price. Make sure its the gear to fit your diving needs.

Dive Rite is cheap and bullet proof. Very high quality at affordable price. Hog and Deep6 also have good reviews.

Call Scuba Toys. They will put together a good kit at a very good price, with great service. My wife and I both got our first dive gear 12 and 10 years ago.

I can vouch for dumpsterdriver above. I purchased from him before without any issues and was a pleasure to do business with.

If you're looking for a good reg set, Dive Right In Scuba in Plainfield, IL had a few Hollis DC3/212 sets for $199 left. Great reg, very reasonably priced, and parts for life when serviced regularly. I've got 4 of these between my wife and I. Love them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom