Gonna Hit Lake Ouachita next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firecracker

Reaction score
My son's coming home for Christmas and swears he wants to do a couple of dives. Looks like we're gonna go over to Blakely Mountain Dam.

Anyone else dove Ouachita in the winter months? What can I expect as far as vis and temp? Besides....COLD!! LOL:D

I find it's much harder to find dive buddies during the Winter, to be honest I don't know why because once you're under it's not that bad. Above just be fast about getting out of the wet gear and you're good to go as well, plus hot cocoa is good.

Too bad he backed out, vis is usually pretty good and worth the effort.

Yeah, I've got a new dry suit to try out, so I wasn't too worried. He, though, doesn't. LOL Going to hit the pool on Friday and let him stay "current" with his skills.

I wish I was able to make it up to Table Rock this weekend to dive with you guys. Already have plans though.

Ya'll have fun!!

I dive a drysuit as well, but the water temps are not cold enough that I couldn't do it in a 7mm suit as well. The surface interval is why I went to a drysuit, it's so much more fun when you're comfortable after the dive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom