Gonna buy a reg, pleae help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty V

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a california diver, so the water never gets ice diving cold. I searched the forums and couldn't find any clear direct comparisons. I've decided on the MK25 1st stage, here's my dilema.
What to buy?

S600
G250HP
or
x650

I'm just getting into fiving and would obvoiusly like the best reg possible without going titanium, which I think is rediculous.

I'm also thinking about buying a SP Classic Plus BC. I've also bought an Aquateck Air 3, for my BC/octo. Has anyone used this?

Thanks
Billy

I paired it with the S600. Never had a day of trouble. I have recommended the two together many times.

Can't help you with the BC question.

I'd vote for the G250hp, as I think it's being discontinued and you might be able to find a deal on it. Even at full price, it should be cheaper than either of the other two, and I have never heard anyone give it less than a rave review. Too bad you can't get one of the older G250s with the metal barrel...

I purchased an atomic Z2 reg, so I can't say much on your reg choices. However I do own the Classic BC and love it.It was first one I ever wore and even after renting a few different bc's ended up buying that one. Check if Scubatoys still has them on their site. Great deal and you still get the warranty.

Another vote for the G250HP.

good choice. even though it's an old model, it's still very reliable & very sturdy. i still use my very old, mk200/g200, much older than the g250, but with proper care & maintainance, it would still feel like a brand new reg!

One word........APEX ATX50, 5 million TEK divers can't be wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom