Going to the Gulf!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, so I'm excited. I've been accepted for the science diver cruise aboard the Fling in July, and I can hardly wait! We'll be introducing lots of science teachers who haven't been there before to the unique diving on the Flower Gardens. Hopefully, we'll get in a platform dive, too.

It's been far too long since I've been out there. I'm really looking forward to it! (or can't you tell?):D:D:D:D

Now just don't forget about all us little people now that you've made the big times! LOL

Sounds cool Guba! Enjoy the trip, the dives, and if you're coming through Austin let me know so we can at least meet up for dinner or lunch.

Sounds like lots of fun!

you're going to enjoy it guba ... i was out there just a bit over a week ago and it was amazing

viz on the east bank and platform 289 was crystal, there was the tail end of an algae bloom on west bank and stetson ... but you were still looking at 40-50ft+ viz

east bank and the platform were definitely 100ft+ of viz

water temps are great also ... 3mm was all i needed for the weekend ... it was great

Guba,

This trip is getting to me. I was looking out the window in the cafeteria this afternoon and eyeing a rice paddy and caught myself working up a dive plan for it... :shakehead:

I dropped you a PM when you get a chance.

<BIC<
Brad

Enjoy your trip Guba, from the reports I have heard and the pictures I have seen thus far this year it will be amazing. And introducing the teachers to such a unique environment is such a wonderful opportunity for them.

ENJOY!!!

Is this the NOAA sponsored trip, Down Under Out Yonder? If so, you are gonna love it. I went out with them last summer and had a blast. Kelly Drinnen is awesome and so are the rest of the NOAA staff we worked with. Congrats!!!!!!!

Yup, K-Valve, it's the DUOY. I first went out with the program years ago, and since I've gone out on a several of the "alumni" DUOY's, once as a membr of the staff. Therefore, I'll be in a similar role this year, so it's not my first rodeo. However, I really enjoy going with the program every chance I get, so you can see that I'm really looking forward to it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom