Going to LBI NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank Dieber

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all, I’m taking the family to LBI from 8-29 to 9-4. I’m going to bring my gear but I have never dove the area. I tried to look up some local dive spots and came acrossed some good ideas. If anyone out here dives the area and has some good information it would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone would like to meet up for a dive or several lunch is on me. I’m going to bring down a few steel 120’s and a hand full of alu. 80’s

Are you talking about Long Beach Island (Ship Bottom, Surf City, etc.)? I too would be very interested in any shore diving there and have been unsuccessful finding any by posting in the sub-forums, and even on the New Jersey Scuba Forum, years ago. Interestingly, in 2001 I happened to drive around Greenwood Lake.

Dinadee out of Barnegat Light runs a six pack. I’ve never heard of shore diving at LBI.

dinadeescuba.net

Are you talking about Long Beach Island (Ship Bottom, Surf City, etc.)? I too would be very interested in any shore diving there and have been unsuccessful finding any by posting in the sub-forums, and even on the New Jersey Scuba Forum, years ago. Interestingly, in 2001 I happened to drive around Greenwood Lake.
yes that’s exactly where I’m talking about going I’m staying in ship bottom I believe but I’m willing to drive about an houror so to Get the bubbles moving. I’d would think there has to be some good shore diving in the area but I could be wrong. Hey if you would like to give it a shot just park somewhere we can get in the water and try out some spots I’m game. Im going to look over some charts and do some more digging so I’m not just. willy-nillying. It into the water and there will be a better chance of a decent dive.

Dinadee out of Barnegat Light runs a six pack. I’ve never heard of shore diving at LBI.

dinadeescuba.net
Thank you for that, I looked them up and got their phone number I’m going to see what they got going on. Their prices seem to be really reasonable $150 for a two dive day

Interestingly, in 2001 I happened to drive around Greenwood Lake.[/QUOTE]
Small world right. I dive Greenwood lake all the time sometimes a few times a week until it freezes at least. I have a small Underwater S&R / Salvage business here. If you don’t mind cold water & less than .5 inches of viz ( but at 30ft or so it does open up to about 5 ft or so. You just have to get out of the algae bloom) hit me up iv got a boat or places to park along the shoreline. I actually do find some pretty cool stuff here form time to time. This town / lake a lot of history

Funny. I hike Greenwood a lot. Favorite stretch is Bare Rock trail to Greenwood lake. Vista is fantastic. Views all the way to New York City. I always thought that diving Lake Surprise would be fun but schlepping gear up there would be impossible.

yes that’s exactly where I’m talking about going I’m staying in ship bottom I believe but I’m willing to drive about an houror so to Get the bubbles moving. I’d would think there has to be some good shore diving in the area but I could be wrong. Hey if you would like to give it a shot just park somewhere we can get in the water and try out some spots I’m game. Im going to look over some charts and do some more digging so I’m not just. willy-nillying. It into the water and there will be a better chance of a decent dive.
My guess is you can shore dive on the ocean side on a very calm day, but may only see sand. I would think the bay side would be very shallow, but haven't tried either of those places.
I drove around Greenwood L. in '01 looking for a place to fish. Was staying at Black Bear Campground in Florida.

My guess is you can shore dive on the ocean side on a very calm day, but may only see sand. I would think the bay side would be very shallow, but haven't tried either of those places.
I drove around Greenwood L. in '01 looking for a place to fish. Was staying at Black Bear Campground in Florida.

I think that we’re talking about a different Greenwood Lake. Mine is in NY.

Back
Top Bottom