Going to Islamorada.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joe comproni

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Diving in Islamorada in December has anyone been there recently, staying at the Pine and Palms if anyone has been there would love some feedback. We are diving with Key Dives in my opinion the BEST dive shop in the keys..

Stayed in Islamorada, last May. But rented a condo. Enjoyed the area, lots to do and see. And not too pricey. SeaMonkeys was the only six-pack boat I could find, so we went with them. I like the smaller operations when I can find them.
Have fun
GoodDivin
SoCalRich

FYI, Good News- I met some local Fla. keys divers last weekend while I was diving in San Diego. They stated that the reefs where in great shape after the storm. Enjoy!!

Good Divin,
SoCalRich

Yeap, the reefs were pressure washed by the storm, now are squeaky clean, all ready for customers.

FYI, Good News- I met some local Fla. keys divers last weekend while I was diving in San Diego. They stated that the reefs where in great shape after the storm. Enjoy!!

Good Divin,
SoCalRich
That is not really accurate. In the past month we have dove conch,molasses, davis, hens and chickens and davey crocker
Molasses by far has received extensive damage that will take years to repair.
Fish life still excellent.
Lil conch reef had an extensive covering of algae. Eventually this will be nibbled away but not now.
Davis was pretty much ok with no structural damage.
Davey crocker has changed dramatically wifh more open spaces but maybe for the better. Fish life was amazing
Hens and chickens had numerous lobster traps and rope all over the reef.
There was also pvc pipe of 10 ft or more all over the place

This is a small sample of the upper keys who knows what happened to looe key, which is ground zero for Irma

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom