Going to get certified this month!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mebejedi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, My name's Eric [Group: "Hi, Eric"]

I'm taking my confined dives this month, and will be certified at Catalina Island by RC Scuba with
Jeanne Whelchel. I've taken two introductory dives, one in Oahu ten years ago, and another one last week at Catalina. My wife went with me in Oahu, but isn't terribly interested in doing any more scuba. I tried to take my kids (12 and 14) on the Catalina dive, but they weren't comfortable in the water, so it was just me.

Anyways, I don't expect to be buying DCs and BCs immediately, but it's fun looking at the hardware. I expect I'll rent for awhile, but if something good (and cheap) comes along, I may slowly accumulate my own toys. Any recommendations would be helpful.

On a more personal note, a good friend of mine who loved scuba diving passed away last year. His name was Robert Benjamin, and we taught at the same elementary school. Just curious to see if anyone here knew him.

Welcome to Scubaboard and soon diving! I think it's best to accumulate gear slowly in any case. Plus, many places have programs where the rental monies count towards your eventual purchase.

I don't know many people by their actual name on here, but I don't recognize your friend's name. I'm sorry for your loss.

howdy and welcome from southeast Florida.......condolences to you for your loss.

Welcome to the board! Sorry to hear about your friend. :(

Catalina is a great introduction to cold water diving. You'll have a blast. Keep us posted on how it goes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom