Going to Donsol - 06th - 12th January 2007, Advise and buddies anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I-NSC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

My partner and myself will be heading to Donsol from Manila on the above dates.
Looking for another 2 more divers to share the cost of diving. Is there anyone else keen or heading that direction?
The plan will be as follows:
7th: Depart from domestic AP to Legespi on Cebu Pacific
2 or 3 dives at Manta Bowl
8th 2 or 3 dives at Manta Bowl
9th Whaleshark Interaction Programme in Donsol
10th Whaleshark Interaction Programme in Donsol
11th Land tour - Planned idea.
12th Fly back to Manila

For those that have been there, do you recond that diving at Manta Bowl is worth visiting in January especially for first timers? I've seen photos of Mantas, Thresher and other big stuff. How true is that? For that that has been there.. what is the average price for 3 dives per day?

Land Tours: Is it worth to visit Donsol or Legespi to visit the historic parts of the town and also view the volcano? Sorry, being tourist have to see such things...

i hear manta season is december to june in the manta bowl... i honestly can't say about whalesharks that early in the year

seeing the volcano would be a delight... i was there a couple of weeks ago and that mountain was overwhelmingly awesome

i'd reco you guys swing by the satellite market to look at locally weaved handbags... if your SO is into bags then prepare to drop a few dollars there because they're dirt cheap and actually quite nice

sorry can't join you... i wish i could

Jag

Thanks alot! More information about the place will be good. Hopefully my partner and myself will be able to squeeze some time off to do a little land tour. From the looks of my programme, it seems quite tight to dive, snorkel and do land tour within that short period of time.

plenty of time to go around and see the sights since you cant fly after you dive (if you do manta bowl).
you can check in 20kg on most domestic flights.not sure about charge for extra baggage.

Philippines Airlines told me just 15kg check-in.
Wonder how about Cebu Pacific
Plus just head the reports on news here in Singapore that Legespi was hit by Durian!
It will definitely affect the trip that I am going.

I-NSC:
Philippines Airlines told me just 15kg check-in.
Wonder how about Cebu Pacific
Plus just head the reports on news here in Singapore that Legespi was hit by Durian!
It will definitely affect the trip that I am going.
if you're flying PAL look into their sports flyer program (www.philippineairlines.com)... that ought to give you an extra 20kg or so for your dive gear

no such card available on cebu pacific BUT since cebu pacific is muuuuuuuuch cheaper to fly, you can also look into the cargo option... basically you come into the terminal a bit earlier, check your dive gear as cargo, you take the short walk to the passenger terminal and it flies with you to legazpi... i think it might come out cheaper than paying for excess baggage (but i may be wrong)

Jag

I-NSC:
Sigh...
Why must Durian hit now... why must it even hit..
Afterall I hate that fruit... ate too much of it when I was younger...
you're flying in in january... they should be up and running by then...

the people of that region are amazingly resilient - they have to be when they're standing at the middle of a typhoon superhiway...

when i was there a few weeks ago, it had just been a month or so since Milenyo (the recent super typhoon)... and although they got b-slapped real bad you wouldn't think it with how the city has gotten itself together and the temperament of the people...

expect some intermittent power supply at night (no biggie, 1 hour brownouts max) and some aesthetic damage though

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom