Going to Cocos Island!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey TG!

I can't imagine what the dreams right before the trip will be like if I had one like that in February!

BTW all - My name isn't Colette - Colette is the one responsible for the quote in my signature - I'm Victoria :)

I just bought a High Sierra giant rolling duffle after reading a thread on bags started by RoatanMan in the gear section from Campmor.com. It has a seperate compartment for wet/dry which I really wanted and the price was great, so I thought I'd try it. I already asked my dive shop whether the okeanos has laundry facilities and he said that their laundry facilities were called the Pacific Ocean. So, I'm going to try to bring as little as possible, but being gone 12 days, I imagine I'll end up with the duffle and another roller bag to check and two carry ons with the sacred reg and mask etc, like you said.

I haven't gotten into photography yet, so no problem with camera bags for me. My normal dive buddy has a camera but hates to edit the pictures, so we have a symbiotic relationship - we both search for subjects, she shoots and I edit. I'm hoping someone in my group will be willing to share theirs :)

I use scopalomine just for air travel - so there is no question that I'll be using that. But I've never ever had a problem with air/seasickness as long as I had my patch on, so hopefully you won't either. I think after the 1000 hour plane ride to get there (it will seem like it to me) I probably won't need much to get me to sleep the 30 hours out. Although there are supposedly whale and dolphin sitings on the trip, so we might want to wake up every once in while for a check :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom