Going to Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stayed 8 days on Coco Plum. They were not geared for diving in 07, however they were discussing it while we were there. For dive trips they boat you to another service.

Coco Plum resort is a nice remote island which only has about 3-4 cabana's which all line the seashore of only 20 or so feet away. Each has 1-2 beds, full kitchen and bath with a nice deck to capture the sunsets. The staff live on the island and cater to each and every need which arises. They have several inland tours available and will work with your schedule to get you inland if needed.

Best thing for me, NO TV, NO RADIO, NO Internet, NO PHONE, notta, just you, the water, and all the local and international beverages you can consume.

They have a central office here in the states which makes planning for the trip even easier. I have a few pictures on my website if you wish to take a peek. Some of the files are incomplete as I got busy and was not able to upload all the picture, but you will be able to get a glimpse of the life on the Plum.

Safe diving,

Ken

If we returned to Ambergris we would stay at the Sunbreeze. We stayed elsewhere last time.

We just opened a new dive resort in southern Belize called Thatch Caye Resort. I am the manager now and we are trying to promote ourselves to people wanting to visit Belize. We are out on a caye, so we don't have much nightlife, but you could spend a few days up at San Pedro and then come down here to relax and do some dives in southern Belize. We dive the walls along the South water Caye Marine Reserve and we also do trips out to Glover's atoll. We do trips to Turneffe elbow and the Blue Hole out at Lighthouse Reef as well. We have a dive master with over ten years experience diving this area and the resort is beautiful. Compared to Fantasy Island in Roatan, we are the real thing. Even if you don't come, you should check us out on the web for the future. The dives here are spectacular and we often see schools of spotted eagle rays, large groupers, sharks, and sea turtles on our dives. The coral here is very lively still and the area is relatively undiscovered from the perspective of mass tourism.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom