Going down to Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vettenorlando

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I am going down to Key Largo this weekend and wanted to know if anyone has dove down there this week? Whats the water temp? I know it has been stormy here in FL so hopefully it will settle down (the weather report looks good) and the oceans will calm as well. Any information is appreciated.

vettenorlando:
Hey Folks,

I am going down to Key Largo this weekend and wanted to know if anyone has dove down there this week? Whats the water temp? I know it has been stormy here in FL so hopefully it will settle down (the weather report looks good) and the oceans will calm as well. Any information is appreciated.
I was there April 4. My Vytec read 75 but it felt cooler.

vettenorlando:
me too!!!! 75 definitley is cold... I'm a Florida boy... I was really hoping for 80 degrees!!!!!

Well, it's warming up quickly. A couple weeks earlier, it was 73. I think somewhere there's a site that gives water temps taken from a NOAA buoy. You might check that.

By the way, we did have blue water. It was very nice.

I dove Key Largo (Molasses Reef, USCG Duane, Benwood Wreck) Sat-Sun and the water temp was 75. I dove with a 3/2mil full suit and was quite comfortable even at a 109'. The Benwood and Molasses with an average depth of 30'-35' even a 3/2 shorty would have been comfortable. Now we also had flat seas, no wind, beautiful sunny skies and surface temp of 85.

Juan

Cool anywhere from 74 - 79.... i hope its at the upper part of that range when I get there!!!!

Thanks Freedive!!!! I hear you guys down in Miami are getting pounded by the weather we had up here yesterday and the day before. I hope that doesn't stir it up too much down there.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom