going cruising

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orca125

Reaction score
we have arranged a trip in june to on carnvial ecstasy out of los angeles for the 3 day baja mexico cruise and I am wondering where, what dive operators should I go to when we get to ensenada mexico, any info would be great thanks

HI orca125:
I have been on the Carnival Ecstasy. I can answer ship questions. But, I have not been to Ensenada..since it was doing an Eastern Caribbean itinerary then.
Why not do a search at tht top of the page? Pull the window down and put 'Ensenada' in.
Although my suggestion is to do the dives the ship is offering.
Have fun!

Natasha:
HI orca125:
I have been on the Carnival Ecstasy. I can answer ship questions. But, I have not been to Ensenada..since it was doing an Eastern Caribbean itinerary then.
Why not do a search at tht top of the page? Pull the window down and put 'Ensenada' in.
Although my suggestion is to do the dives the ship is offering.
Have fun!

I'm not much help for Ensanada either, but I disagree with what Natasha said about the diving. I have made several dives from cruise ships in the last few years, and find that the operations that the cruise ships use, are usually the WORST kind of cattleboats. I usually do a web search for dive operations in that port, and then go to the Rodales website and check and see what people who have been diving in that port say about the local shops. Then make a decision, and make my own reservations. An example is the dive operation that the ships use in St. Thomas is a huge pontoon boat, onto which they pack up to 40 divers. They take them out into the middle of the outer harbor and everyone gets two 20 minute dives at about 30 feet. I chose Blue Island Divers, they brought their dive boat out to the cruiseship pier, and picked me up, and then me and one other diver, went with a divemaster on two dives. One on the navy barges, with great swimthroughs and one on a reef off the coast. Excellent diving, a bit cheaper than the ship sponsored trip and great support. Even gave me a free ride back to the pier in the afternoon. The only exception to this was in St. Maarten where I picked the same company the cruise ship uses, and had a good experience with Dive Safaris.

Just my $.02, try to ignore it....

I've been on 8 cruises
7 with Princess
The only "Cattle Boat"was Don Foster's
Grand Caymen Lots of room on a Big Cat
Good Crew But the guy who was running The Dive Shop on that day was a DINK
St.Thomas 8 Divers
Granada 10 Divers

Back
Top Bottom