Going back to college?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IDMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Not to seem like I'm copying quickdraw07's post, but I was told I might want to re-try this in a different forum to get a broader range of replies.

"I have a question for you all. I'm 25, and considering going back to college. Previously I studied Geology with a minor emphasis in Communications. I loved the mineral identification field work and excelled at it. I think ideally I would like to move towards a job where I can combine my passion for scuba diving with my love of rocks and artistic qualities. However, I have no idea really what kind of jobs would be out there. I've read around on here and understand that being exclusively an instructor or DM is highly competitive and unrealistic - but surely there must be other job opportunities out there. Any help would be awesome and I'm open to looking into just about anything. You could say I'm the adventurous type."

:popcorn:

Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say.

Perhaps a type of research involving underwater caves? Maybe contacting someone from reef.org might prove to be helpful...

On the other hand, there was a post here on SB about a week ago with a gentleman inquiring about ocean engineering. That might be worth a search on google.

If your ever in need of a statistician, you know where to find me :D
:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom