Godfrey compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terminator

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of a GODFREY (Howden) compressor, it has a 4 piston compressor unit, and is trailer mounted with 2 bulk tanks under the unit, the unit is powered by a 10 hp 3 phase electric motor, it is belt driven. It say on the unit that the max output is 3300 PSI. This unit is still working I recently purchased it from a fire station, that had purchased it from an airbase. On the air base they were using it for starting planes, or something to do with planes I'm not too sure.

I just can't find anything on this particular unit anywhere, and would like to know what type of oil to use and am curious if the compressor unit could be a Bauer, the reason I'm saying this is i saw a metal tag that had K-15 on it, it could mean anyhting but I was just wondering.

if anyone has anything, please let me know.

Thanks.

Post a couple of pictures ... that will help identify it.

Godfrey was a mfgr for aircraft pressurization systems and ground support equipment (engine starters). Howden Airdynamics made aerospace related equipment including the Walter Kidde compressors. Meggitt took over Howden and this branch became Meggitt Airdynamics. In ref to "K-15" , could be Bauer but who knows.

It is a Bauer K-15, ground support equipment built for the Air Force. Very nice. That package is not cheap.

It says on the front that it puts out 3300 PSI. do you think that it could go higher than that? Do you think that the compressor was set to that limit because they didn't require more than that pressure? Any info on the bauer K 15 would be appreciated.

Thanks

It will go higher. Requires that the filters and final relief valve be modified, adjusted or replaced. In particular, the pressure rating of the small tank (looks like a pony bottle) needs to be checked. It is almost certainly 220 bar and has a tendency to rust out. Get a 300 bar--About $300 from Bauer. If you only need 3600 psi then a simple adjustment of the relief valve will do it. (Hey, if you told me up front what exactly you need that would break a long precedent so don't do it).

Thanks for all your help Pesacdor it's really appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom