Go Pro video light (Intova IFL WA Zoom)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g550driver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for an affordable option for using with my GoPro...

IFL WA Zoom Torch | Intova

Not much info on this particular light (the new Zoom version) however, seems like 2 of these would work well...

The specs say 140 degrees with the head removed... Any opinions or suggestions?

Thx

I have been looking the same and doubt very seriously that any such beast exists. I didn't see the price, but you will only have 440 lumens with a pair. If you spread the beam, I think you'll go from marginal to unacceptable. I'm thinking that 1000 lumens is about the minimum for getting good color in depths greater than 30 feet at a reasonable distance of around 6 feet. That translates to 12 feet, because the light must travel back to the camera. This is a guess based on my experience with underwater flash photography. Does anyone have any practical experience to share?

Thanks for your input EdTeach!

I hear what you are saying.. I don't want to justify spending $700-$1000 for a video light such as a Sola 1200 considering I usually only dive twice a year...

I was also looking at 2 of these lights.. a 60 degree beam and 300 lumens with re-chargeable battery and nifty mount and can be had for around $69 online..

Liquid Image 5.5w ultra wide scuba diving torch.

Probably end up with the same issue though...

1000 lumen dive light
This light works well and its under 100$.
I have one attached to an Intova tray for my gopro along with a nocturnal 800 lumen light that i won.

I recently bought 2 of these, I will be making diffusers for them as well as mounts for my tray. From the reviews I have found they seem to be 2,500 to 3,000 lumens. Quad o-rings on each side and crazy heavy walls make this thing a tank. Can't wait till they get here!

I recently bought 2 of these, I will be making diffusers for them as well as mounts for my tray. From the reviews I have found they seem to be 2,500 to 3,000 lumens. Quad o-rings on each side and crazy heavy walls make this thing a tank. Can't wait till they get here!

Subscribed. I want to hear how these work out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom