Go Pro: Two Dives last weekend, with Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Video of two dives from last weekend. First is in 130 feet with one buddy, second is around around 65 ft with my 15-yr old son and another buddy. The kid was shooting pretty well on this dive.

Used the same set-up, hand held mount with GoPro 3 Black and a MAKO red filter. The red filter makes the water look bluer and clearer and it does add some color, even at 130 ft.

[video=youtube;TYB-3m7LjzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYB-3m7LjzU&feature=share&list=UU1utDku8vJRJYgBZImLyLJ Q[/video]

Woah, that was weird...what happened @ 4:20, it's like the red filter stopped working, then came back on at 4:40? Is it a flip-down filter?

You guys have a lot of dang lions over there. Fortunately, I have not see one in our local waters yet.

Woah, that was weird...what happened @ 4:20, it's like the red filter stopped working, then came back on at 4:40? Is it a flip-down filter?

You guys have a lot of dang lions over there. Fortunately, I have not see one in our local waters yet.

The camera goes through it's own self-adjustment, I guess. Sometimes it will look green then turn to blue etc. I don't do any adjustment to the image color, balance etc. after it is shot. I just use movie maker...

Well if you want to have consistent color you need to use camera raw instead of Auto WB. After that a small color grading will remove the bluish on th emovie.
But I'm very surprised to see that you are hunting with cylinders. In all of the countries I know, it's strictly forbidden. If you want to hunt you do it without air (snorkling)... or it's too easy and doesn't give the fish any chance.

Well if you want to have consistent color you need to use camera raw instead of Auto WB. After that a small color grading will remove the bluish on th emovie.
But I'm very surprised to see that you are hunting with cylinders. In all of the countries I know, it's strictly forbidden. If you want to hunt you do it without air (snorkling)... or it's too easy and doesn't give the fish any chance.

It takes me long enough to piece together a quick video for a "home movie" of our dive without having to play with the video quality itself. I am happy enough with automatic everything.

As for the scuba spearing, it is not that simple. We sometimes do snorkel spearing too, this is last video I made of it. Snorkel hunting in 80 ft is tough for me.

[video=youtube_share;w9e-n6vZsFo]http://youtu.be/w9e-n6vZsFo[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom