Go pro in South America or central America

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm rescue diver and looking forward to continue the career to DM and instructor.
I'm wandering in SA for a while now and I'd like to find a place to do that.

I'm interested to get nice diving site and more than anything a GOOD instruction ... and well if it's also cheap it'd be heaven on earth (underwater actually) but price is not the main concern. (I have at least 3 month to complete all so timing is not really a problem)

Of course I know about Utila and may be Roatan but I was also thinking about Dominican Republic, Mexico or Costa Rica ...

Any advice/suggestion about this ??

Julidocromis:
Of course I know about Utila and may be Roatan but I was also thinking about Dominican Republic, Mexico or Costa Rica ... ??

Don't forget to do a 'search' here on Utila (just SW of Roatan).

But I gotta ask- your profile lists but one dive experience (I'm sure there were more) and that was the Galapagos. What with your CMAS Cert and all, did you meet Mathias Espinosa at ScubaIguana?

...and... your signature line.....

Save trees ... eat a beaver !

What are you going to do, build your house out of meat? :rofl2:

(and by the way, a hearty welcome to ScubaBoard!)

Of course I know about Utila and may be Roatan but I was also thinking about Dominican Republic, Mexico or Costa Rica ...

Hi there, I would check out Andy Phillips from UDC, he is one of the best CD´s in the Caribean, see www.utiladivecentre.com
I know Andy for a couple of years and he is very professional and thats what you want from a Course Director
But there are two other IDC Center on Utila, why dont get in touch with all of them and find out who is the best for you
W.

have a look at the link in my sig line. It iwll give you something to compare..

Thanx all for answers.

@cancun_mark: I did send you an email (with my "real name") and do it again to have more details. Thx by the way.

RoatanMan:
Don't forget to do a 'search' here on Utila (just SW of Roatan).

But I gotta ask- your profile lists but one dive experience (I'm sure there were more) and that was the Galapagos. What with your CMAS Cert and all, did you meet Mathias Espinosa at ScubaIguana?

Yes, I wasn't really accurate on my profile. Did OW and AOW in Thailand, my ** in France, my Rescue in Argentina and dived in Ecuador (Galapagos and Isla de la plata)
I was on a liveaboard so I didn't know people from scubaIguana (was one year ago).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom