GO Pro How To

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bunz78

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello underwater ppl,

I know this is probably a stupid question ... but gonna ask anyways..

just received a go pro 3 black.. i want to ask ( and this is the stupid Q )..

can you start and stop recording on the go pro underwater? (and change settings?).. i ask b/c when i did my advance cert years ago, i had a rental camera and the operators told me that underwater i was only able to press the shutter button as anything else would possibly let water in ( and toid me that i would be liable for any water damage.).. my brain says that is stupid, and if case is rated to scuba dive then any buttons on the case can be used,.. but just being overly cautious..

I am guessin ppl will confirm my thoughts.. and can anyone suggeest best setup for diving in Sydney? (i.e. FPS, 1080P/720P setup etc?) i will be building my own 2 handed tray so stability should not be a big issue

thanks!

Yes, you have full access to all the functions on the camera underwater as you do above.

All the pushbuttons on the Dive Enclosure are useable so yes you have access to everything. If pushing a button is liable to let water in I can tell you even submerging the enclosure at depth would've broken the o-ring seals long before you pressed the button

Depends on your memory cards truth be told,I tend to leave everything to max. You can downscale and compress later if needed

Not sure how much you have accessorized it, but the remote and the soft back for the LCD are not designed for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom