Glow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me guess, Jean Michel's team will be using them.

They would have to do a lot more than add "Glow in the Dark" paint to make an aluminum 80 worth $400.00.

You can buy a brand new HP 100 (Worthington X8-100) for $350.00 delivered.

Why would someone want to pay $400 + shipping for an aluminum 80 that glows in the dark when you can buy a tank that holds 29% more gas, weighs less, has much better buoyancy characteristics, allows you to wear less lead and will last longer for at least $75 less?

Why would someone want to pay $400 + shipping for an aluminum 80 that glows in the dark when you can buy a tank that holds 29% more gas, weighs less, has much better buoyancy characteristics, allows you to wear less lead and will last longer for at least $75 less?

That wouldn't look nearly as "cool"! I wonder if, for even less air, you could get an internal battery pack powering custom neon lights that spell out your name? When everyone owns one of these, you don't want them to get mixed up.

It'd be awesome to see it on someone else though... :cool2:

I expect a giant cuttle fish will want a close look. They bite, don't they?

Worthington X7-100s weigh 2lbs more than Al80s when empty, just FYI. :)

Last edited:
It's all good -- I'd rather have the 100s, too. :wink:

Interesting concept nonetheless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom