Gloves: Waterproof or 4th Element

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How difficult is it to get the Dry 5's on and properly sealed by yourself? Thanks in advance.

I have a similar set to the Dry 5's and while it's easier with a buddy it only takes an extra min or so to set them up correctly by myself. Certainly not difficult.

I am a big advocate of 4th element products, but i Myself as the other gentlemen own a pair of XS Scuba dry 5 gloves and they are wonderful. I dive in NJ and have been in 39 deg water with them and was toasty on a 30 min dive. you can't go wrong with these gloves. Now for warmer water 4th element would be great also!!

The fourth element gloves are a little cooler, but they do have the increase in dexterity going for them when compared to the dry five. It's easier for me to work the boltsnaps with these gloves. I can image photographers would benefit as well. Another glove that does a pretty good job at keeping the hands warm is the bare gauntlet glove but the tradeoff is the extra bulk.

-Erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom