Glo-toob...signal strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Glo-Toob didn't last very long. Sent it back to them and never heard anything. But like the previous post it's at best a marker light. I did use an OMS strobe similar to the Tektite 200 - good bright strobe flash but treat the bulb gently as mine no longer works. Heck I dive in the Puget Sound and if you know visibility here, I've even used the OMS strobe as a marker light especially helping out in OW classes.

The OMS strobe is exactly the Tektite 200c. It is, in fact, manufactured by Tektite and simply has the OMS logo placed on it. There is absolutely no other difference according to the Tektite people... whom I called to find out. Also, I believe the price for the OMS labeled unit is significantly greater than Tektite. See: Tektite - LED Flashlights, LED Replacement Bulbs, Dive Lights, Strobes, Marker Lights & Tekna Knives Also, Eppe's Corner.

Jobtron is supposed to be good too, but less flash duration and more difficult to find to purchase.

Garv

Just confirming some of the prior posts, I have a Glo-Toob and it's fine as a tank marker for night dives and such, but certainly not as a signal strobe.

Also, as previously mentioned, be careful to secure the top of a Glo-Toob or it will flood. If you rinse out the saltwater right away to prevent corrosion, however, it will continue to work fine. Voice of experience :D

>*< Fritz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom