Glo-toob lithium finally released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Youch, pretty expensive, but Glo-Toobs rock. I look forward to reading more about these. I'll probably hold off until a Scuba Cap is available, though.

I (or my students) have flooded three of these things. That stupid twist cap is a real pain in the ***. Now I'm back to (idiot-proof) cyalume glow sticks.

I see there's now a "Solid On Scuba Cap" accessory as a substitute for the twist cap. Except even that thing is "high maintenance (swap out caps when not in use).

Eh, if the price comes to under $50 I *may* be interested in these things again. I'm not paying more for something that I've found to be so freaking twitchy.:crush:

I (or my students) have flooded three of these things. That stupid twist cap is a real pain in the ***. Now I'm back to (idiot-proof) cyalume glow sticks.

I see there's now a "Solid On Scuba Cap" accessory as a substitute for the twist cap. Except even that thing is "high maintenance (swap out caps when not in use).

Eh, if the price comes to under $50 I *may* be interested in these things again. I'm not paying more for something that I've found to be so freaking twitchy.:crush:

I flooded two of the original two-piece cap designs, before I got the scuba caps. So far no floods on the scuba caps. I'll also note there is a newer design of the scuba cap that uses a different o-ring from the original design. It seems better to me. I don't consider it too much of a hassle to unscrew one cap and screw on another just before I go into the water. Considering how many things are involved in gearing up, that's just so minor it seems hardly worth mentioning.

These new ones, presumably, have learned a lesson or two, and that's why I'm curious to see a review from someone who has actually used one.

If you follow the thread linked in the first post, you'll see you can order them at a discount of $38 through October. That's certainly under your $50 figure... interested now?

Damn you.

One blue lithium glo-toob ordered.

Lighthound has the Glo-toob Lithium for $40:

Flashlights

(no affiliation)

They have supposedly made improvements to the caps and the Lithium comes with 2 caps, one of them dive dedicated.

Now, what color ...? I'm thinking white or blue for "reach" under water. White would work best for tent light etc. Hmmm ...

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom