girldiver.com classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I took my rescue class, I was the only female in the class. I've had several classes like this & it really doesn't bother me. In fact it was sort of fun. There is 1 advantage to being the only female in a class like that,..... When we had to do the in- water simulated rescue breathing, I was the most popular one that everyone else wanted to buddy up with. I just don't understand why those guys didn't want to buddy up with each other:D. So being the only female in a class can have it's advantages:eyebrow:.

Tammy, that's too funny.

How did you choose your buddy? Did you base it on speed (first one to ask), or did you hold out for the best offer (agreed to clean your gear), or possibly best breathing experience (no garlic for lunch)?
:wink:

Tammy, that's too funny.

How did you choose your buddy? Did you base it on speed (first one to ask), or did you hold out for the best offer (agreed to clean your gear), or possibly best breathing experience (no garlic for lunch)?
:wink:

I didn't get much choice. On each dive or trip out into the water, the instructor would mix us up & assign us our new buddy,, but you could watch the guys swimming over next to me in hopes.....
It was funny to hear someone shout out, "'so & so' did you shave this morning?...... it sure doesn't feel like it!".:rofl3:

I was also the only female in my instructor class. Although there wasn't the "closeness":D there, as in the rescue class, the guys in the class were great. I would get a bit nervous while giving my lecture presentations & the guys would immediately start cutting up & asking silly questions to put me at ease. They, & their humor were a HUGE lifesaver for me. On a more serious note, though, all the same things were expected of me, as them, & I did it without hesitation, but I think they sort of looked at me as the little sister who needs a little protection. I guess true chivalry isn't quite dead yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom