GIMP phot editing software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victor

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone use GIMP 2 photo editing software.

I am looking for a tutorial or book to learn how to use the package.

GIMP is extremely powerful. GIMPshop is the same exact software, with a more photoshop-like interface. I prefer GIMPshop, but generally have GIMP installed and so just go with that.

Hm. I didn't realize it's a plug-in. I guess you just enable it then.

As far as I know Gimpshop is not a plug-in. It is more like a shell over Gimp. You should start the program Gimpshop to get the photshop-like appearance of GIMP.

If you want to work with RAW you should also look at UFRAW. That is a plug-in that gives GIMP the capability to work with a large number of RAW-formats.

In my opinion GIMP in combination with UFRAW creates a tool that for most purposes is equal to Photoshop CSx. I have it on my to-do list to create a tutorial but didn't find the time for it yet. I am using Photoshop CS4 on a Windows PC but as an underwater photography instructor I want to be able to show my students how to do the post-processing without paying the high price for Photoshop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom