Gift horses: Two AL80's.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't got a LBS close by, but I might get to visit one next month when I go to Seattle.

I just dissembled the yoke fittings. Yuck! The chrome was bad enough on the outside, inside all the brass is green and crusty. I'm certainly learning about the importance of maintenance!!

~Isaac

They aren't goners yet. Probably pretty close, but not gone yet. If you take them to a local shop they'll be able to do a quick visual and see what the interior condition is like. I've pulled apart a number of tanks that looked HORRIBLE right up until the time I dropped a lightstick in and saw the inside only to find it in pretty darn good shape.

Those tanks are from the bad years, but that doesn't mean that they need to be removed from service. If they were local to me, I'd give you a few bucks for them, but I can do all the stuff they need at no charge. Perhaps there's someone in Seattle that might want to pick up a couple cheap tanks. You might want to ask around :wink:

Rachel

ianr33:
Those lamps might just be the perfect use for a Spare Air

And here we thought that there was no such thing as a perfect use for a Spare Air. :D

ianr33:
Those lamps might just be the perfect use for a Spare Air

Maybe the only use for one other than exiting a ditched aircraft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom