GI Bill pay for Gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know about any shops scamming the VA. I have all of the legitimate paperwork from both the shop and the VA. I used the last 4 months I had left of my GI Bill.

I think the main thing is you have to be enrolled in a full program with the understanding you are completing the courses with the goal of using the certification as a career. I am hoping to be an instructor eventually so I am completing the entire course through Divemaster. If anyone would like to see the actual paperwork, I can send it to you privately.
I would love to see that if you’re willing. Maybe this is an Idaho problem but it seems off that most others are able to have the GI Bill cover everything as long as the end goal is professional.

I'd like to see the paperwork. I went through SSI for Open Water and logged 7 dives. Can I transition those to PADI to pursue the same course? I live in PA unfortunately but I would like to become an instructor along with getting cave diving certified. Gear wise I was looking around 4-5k through scubapro since the shop near me works on scubapro only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom