GH5 With Recorder vs GH5s For Production

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gearbow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There is a lot to like about the GH5s Cinema 4k 4:2:2 400 mbs , great low light and frankly I have been patiently waiting to Pre-Order this to make it my underwater video rig but with the announcement that there is no in body stabilization is this worth getting as a all around performer for underwater video. A steady hand seems to be very important even with stabilization but even small bumps can ruin a shot so for you guys that mainly shoot video is the GH5 going to win out here because of it's stabilization or be patient and wait to see Sony's offering with the A7S Mark III, although not liking what I hear about ease of WB with the Sony. I could go on and on but really just want a expert opinion on this as i have no other experience with anything other than a GoPro but am ready to spend some dollars on a real video rig. What are the chances you think they update this next year and have the IBIS after i've drop 15 g's on a GH5 housing and video recorder with housing?

Panasonic-lumix-dc-gh5S-main-image.jpe

I'm a bit in the same situation as you. I'm having doubts between Sony A7s and GH5. For the best image quality I would suggest going with Sony. Bigger sensor - less noise. For myself I'm having doubts because I already have quite a lot m4/3 lenses to use, while with sony I would have to invest in new lenses. But the lowlight performance of the A7s is just remarkable.

Back
Top Bottom