GH5 Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

95devils

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking to upgrade my equipment. I currently shoot with a Sony RX100 II in a Nauticam housing. I shoot 98% underwater video, 1% above water video, and 1% above water pictures. I have wet lenses, Inon uwl-h100 and two stackable Inon ucl-165s. All bayonet mount. I use two L&M Solas and a Kraken Weefine ring light. But being almost 5 years old, I would like to take advantage of newer technology. I would like to be able to shoot some 4K, better stabilized clips, and a better way of seeing the focus of the shot.

I want the ability to change lenses and shoot sharks and nudis on the same dive. Does this sound feasible for the GH5? What camera body lens would I need? Is this worth the bang for the buck or would I be better off sticking with a new Sony RX100 V? All the videos shot are just for my own memories.

Thank you

I am looking to upgrade my equipment. I currently shoot with a Sony RX100 II in a Nauticam housing. I shoot 98% underwater video, 1% above water video, and 1% above water pictures. I have wet lenses, Inon uwl-h100 and two stackable Inon ucl-165s. All bayonet mount. I use two L&M Solas and a Kraken Weefine ring light. But being almost 5 years old, I would like to take advantage of newer technology. I would like to be able to shoot some 4K, better stabilized clips, and a better way of seeing the focus of the shot.

I want the ability to change lenses and shoot sharks and nudis on the same dive. Does this sound feasible for the GH5? What camera body lens would I need? Is this worth the bang for the buck or would I be better off sticking with a new Sony RX100 V? All the videos shot are just for my own memories.

Thank you

Hi 95devils,
i have the Gh5 in Nauticam housing and it is a really good camera for pictures and FANTASTIC for video (even if I am not so good with video).
If you want to continue using your wet lens with the Gh5 you have to purchase the Panasonic 14-42mm PowerZoom G-vario lens with the Nauticam Macro port 29+Nauticam adapter M67-LD , because with this combo you can use your INON wet lens LD without any problem.
I have both the INON UWL-H100 Type II LD + DOME II and INON UCL 165 LD and I use them often with good results....
The only contraindication is that the Nauticam Housing is VERY big in front of your actual compact and tiny Sony Rx100 II camera....
Another consideration is that if you make the passage from compact camera to Interchangeable Lens Camera and you want to obtain the best from this system , you have to purchase the right lens and port for it.... (like the 60mm macro Olympus for macro pictures or 8mm Panasonic fisheye lens for wide pics).....
In my opinion, if you want to maintain the ability to use the wet lenses ... probably it is better to stay with a smaller but good compact camera.... it is less expensive and all your system will be smaller and manageable....
Scipionems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom