GH2 Hack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anybody using the GH2 hack for underwater video?

Any thoughts opinions, good or bad.

Quote from another website
The main intent of the hack though is to raise the bandwidth (and hence the image quality) of the video. This can very effectively improve the low-light performance by allowing much greater detail in the shadow areas of the image.

I read that the book was more focussed on photo rather than video and that there was not much useful video content in the book.
Yes i do use manual functions for video (e.g setting white balance, iso, frame rate)

At the moment i have been using cinema mode (S mode) for video and setting frame rate at 50.
Not used full manual mode yet i.e settiing f number and frame rate.

---------- Post added April 5th, 2012 at 06:02 AM ----------

I read that the book was more focussed on photo rather than video and that there was not much useful video content in the book.
Yes i do use manual functions for video (e.g setting white balance, iso, frame rate)

At the moment i have been using cinema mode (S mode) for video and setting frame rate at 50.
Not used full manual mode yet i.e settiing f number and frame rate.

My post above is incorrect.

"The Panasonic Lumix GH2: The Unofficial Quintessential Guide" [Paperback]
Brian Matsumoto PH.D (Author), Carol F. Roullard (Author)

I have read reports that this book is aimed at stills and contains very little useful video info.

I think the EOSHD book mentioned above is aimed at video. I may check it out.

I was tempted to buy the EOSHD pdf but I fear it's only a collection of all the info you can find on Personal view faq and dvxuser. The pdf is quite expensive too.

Back
Top Bottom