Getting wet again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MgicTwnger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I returned to diving last year after 25-year layoff, when I ran a charter fishing boat in my spare time. I got my Advanced Open Water card last week.
My eary experience was mostly in the Keys. A trip to Bonaire last Dec. was an absolute blast! I'm going to Coz the first week of July.
I live in central Illinois, and am looking to get into Great Lakes wreck diving, and would appreciate any input/info, especially about the Chicago area.

Welcome to the boards!!

Congrats on your AOW

Pick up a copy of The Great Lakes Diving Guide by Cris Kohl. It lists the known and divable wrecks area by area. Also gives coordinates, experience levels and more.

I plan on making sure I have the training I need before checking out the wrecks I want to see. I hope you do too!

welcome to the board, nice that your back into the world of scuba again. Have fun dive safe.:)

Glad to have you aboard. I hope you enjoy the board as much as we all do.

Chad

Ken,

You are a bit ahead of me, but I'm doing the same thing. I started diving during a tour of duty in Hawaii in 1975-78, and then laid off for about 25 years while we had kids, new houses, motorcycles, and such. Now that the kids are grown and moving out of the house (thank GOD!) I have the time and resources to get back to diving. There are a number of places to find out about diving in the Great Lakes, try a Google search on it. I was on a site today that told a lot about diving around Alpena Michigan and the large number of wrecks up there. I know this is a pretty good ways from Chicago, but it shows that information is available. I would send you some links, but they are all on my machine at work and I'm at the house.

Welcome back, hope to get to dive with you some day soon!

Tom Timmons
Frankenmuth, MI
NAUI Scuba Diver since 02/78

ttimmons@chartermi.net

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom