Getting up close

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Some days I think courtesy has gone out the window...here's me just cruising along and Ol' Stickybeak here just has to see what's going on!
8823tooclose1.jpg

At least there were some other, more polite, sea snakes on this dive!
8823face1.jpg

Enjoy...

Great pics, I woulda been nervous in your position though :) I know your snakes aren't supposed to be aggressive, but aren't they still poisonous? Yikes...

I have a pic of a mocassin at Ginnie Springs, I was a good 10' away from it and still shakin in my booties. There's no way I could have swam away quickly enough if it had wanted to take a bite out of me - it really didnt acknowledge my existance though!

Don'tcha just hate it when people get all up in your face like that?
I'm with Mat, that's too close for my comfort. Nice pics Braveheart :D.

YIKES! Love the second one. First close-up of a seasnake I've seen. Cool!

I saw a bunch of them up in Exmouth, they freaked me out a little (hadn't ever seen them before) and was afraid they'd bite me :laughing: excellent shot

I don't know whether to say you've got a brass pair, or that you need psychological help.

Aggie Diver:
I don't know whether to say you've got a brass pair, or that you need psychological help.

:rofl:

You guys crack me up! :rofl:

I routinely have one twisted around my neck/under my arm with his face next to my mask or riding along under my belly with his head up at my chin. Sometimes they like to to hang out on my arm with the head on the top of my hand...pesky, hard to take photos like that! Spend most of the dive holding them away...

Poisonous? Yes, I believe the olives are the most poisonous of the sea snakes.

Sweet? Yes...like puppies. Love 'em.

If it was a banded sea snake...well, you won't see a very close shot from me - aggressive, nasty buggers! :11:

Wow! great shots, and I think I'll just let you be in charge taking them. Something about poisonous creatures getting that curious would cause me to break the first rule of SCUBA...breathe!

If it was a banded sea snake...well, you won't see a very close shot from me - aggressive, nasty buggers!

I thought they weren't that aggressive; right up until I had one coming over the top of my camera at me. The scales feel kind of wierd...my buddy said he never saw anybody move so fast in using the camera as a parrying weapon. I decided to take the macro lens off and stay a healthier distance away after that.

Nice shots. The first one reminds me of my visit to the underwater petting zoo in KBR. The second shot is what I kept going for with a banded sea snake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom