Getting Things To Line Up Just Right

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice article with excellent illustrations & adjustments. I'm a newby at sidemount & still adjusting my gear.
Great tips for tweaking & fine-tuning one's rig.

Mate you deserve the Against Deliberately Keeping Them Stupid Simple Medal.

Magnificent!

We're hunkered down here on the Riviera Maya and doing our bit to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, so I spent a day writing a tutorial about sidemount (complete with pictures) and how to troubleshoot common problems. Enjoy, and hope to see you all on the other side of this madness. https://www.xoc-ha.com/post/boingyness

I agree with the others, this was a great write-up. I got a lot out of it, and have read through it at least a couple times (and have since read through many of the other articles,as well).
I really relate to your dive philosophy(s), (and wise-ass sense of humor!) so if a wealthy benefactor ever bequeaths me a pile o' cash, I'm coming back down to the Yucatan to hang out with you guys for a couple weeks ! :D
(BTW, I've been wondering, what's the story on the cenote that's on your property? I didn't see any details about it on your site, other than the brief mention of it's existence.)

(BTW, I've been wondering, what's the story on the cenote that's on your property? I didn't see any details about it on your site, other than the brief mention of it's existence.)

There's not much to it, really. There's a lovely, little dry chamber about 20' across with a puddle in the corner.

I went in the puddle one day and am not likely to repeat the experience. There's no passage to be found, just lots of breakdown. Oh... and no room for proper gear. So it's a zero-visibility, no mount crawl through a pile of mid-sized breakdown.

Not exactly my jam when there are so many glorious proper caves around.

Well, then it might be time to try what Cousteau allegedly did to get into the Blue Hole.....dynamite it !!!!! :eek::D:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom