Getting my NITROX cert tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you were given some bad info, not only does PADI not require dives, there is now an online option for the course...

PDIC required check out dives... Or was the instructor just wanted to get wet? :). I had to do 2 check out dives to get the card, but hey, any time there is a reason to get wet, I am all over it so I won't complaint :wink:

This is from Naui website.

After your exam, you can qualify for the Nitrox recognition card, or go ahead and complete two dives to receive your Nitrox Diver certification card. And, your NAUI instructor can integrate your Nitrox course into your Scuba Diver course!

What's the difference between the Recognition Card & Certification Card?

Good luck, and congrats. It's a great course that provides some very useful skills and information.

By the way, I took my EANx through PADI. There were no check-out dives required. I just read the book, sat through a 2.5-hour course, took an exam, and got my cert. It's my understanding that the check-out dives were "optional."

I just got this from the PADI e-learning website...

"What else is required to complete the course?
Prior to certification as a PADI Enriched Air Diver, you must complete a Practical Application session and either two enriched air training dives or predive simulations, with a PADI Enriched Air Specialty Instructor. Contact your PADI Dive Center or Resort to schedule these sessions."

Not sure what they consider a predive simulation (using the analyzer maybe). It does not really matter though because the TDI course was much cheaper than the PADI course anyway. Have fun diving everyone.

Congratulations on your cert. Nitrox is a valuable tool for diving both in and out of the water. Hope to hear how it works for you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom