getting married and need place to have a weddingmoon or a honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firedogut

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow it’s been like a year since my last post, sorry guys.

Well I’m getting married and we are thinking about having the wedding in Texas and a honeymoon in the Caribbean. We are also think about have a weddingmoon, that is get married on the 1st few days of what will become a honeymoon. I’ve been looking at the Sandals Resorts and they seem very nice but maybe you guys can help me out.

Where would you stay? I need a place with great food, great land activities, and of course want to spend some time in the water diving. I want to leave going WOW that was great, no that was beyond greatness.

So what do you think? St. Lucia, Jamaica, Caymans, etc…..

Thanks so much

Sandals Beach and Golf Resort. I have sent many people there and they have all come back very happy.

I'm partial to Hawaii, since that's where I was married 18 months ago. :wink: Great mix of activities to keep everyone happy, and quite affordable as well -- we had a number of guests stay in 2-bedroom condos that were ~$700 a week and studio condos at ~$350 a week. You can plan a wedding there on almost any budget.

Have you stayed at an all-inclusive before? Because people tend to either love them or hate them, and you would not want to discover the latter on such a special trip!

Although it's not scuba oriented, a great place to learn about destination weddings and people's many different choices and experiences in on the Knot -- they have a chat board dedicated to destination weddings which is very active and supportive. Here's a link: http://www.theknot.com/kl_mbmain2ktopics.html?Object=CLOCAL207&market=207&keyword=GETAWAY WEDDINGS

Happy planning!

Sandals depends on exactly what "kind" of diving you want to do. They typically do "easy" diving under 60 foot. They also typically do lots of 1 tank dives. Nothing wrong with any of that, it's just not what those "hard core" divers want...

So call them and get the Low-down on what they have and see if it meets your needs.

By the way, I've stayed at Couples in Negril and Ocho Rios. They are similar to Sandals and both have diving included in the price. (1 tanks, twice a day. On saturday they have a deep dive and a shallow on a 2 tank trip. Sunday no diving as it's boat maintenance day).

-Mike

mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom