Getting from Puerto Princesa to Coron, Palawan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyKSue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going on a liveaboard to Tubbataha on April 19th 2017 and it is ending on April 25th 2017 I have some friends who are not going on the liveaboard with me but are going to meet up with me to dive for one more week at the end of my liveaboard- then I will be flying home on May 2nd or 3rd. None of us have airfare bought yet.

They have mentioned that they are interested in diving in Coron Palawan but that is not set in stone yet.

So one question is, can I get to Coron from Puerto Princesa and then back to fly home, easily and for not too much $
Do they have ferries from Puerto Princesa to Coron? If so, how long do they take and about how much do they cost? OR do they have flights?

Is Coron a good place to do some land based diving? We all are advanced divers but not Technical and just do recreational diving and are also looking for a place that has other things to do besides just diving.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you may have or possibly a name of someone who can help me!

There is ferry (2GO) between Manila, Coron and Puerto Princesa but it doesn't run everyday.
The easier way is flying back from Puerto Princesa to Manila and then another flight to Coron. There is severe restriction on allowable check in weight(max is 20kg).
The wrecks in Coron are very good and you don't need to be tec certified to enjoy them. But they are relatively deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom