Getting a Larger Neck Seal on my Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've have a Mobby's Twin Shell dry suit, and the neck seal is too tigh (makes my face red, feels like it's choking me).

I've got a 17 1/2" neck, and the seal looks like it's made for about 15".

I've trimmed it down so there's 3 rings left, and left it streched over a large pipe for a week, and it's still too tight.

I can take off the last three rings, but that doesn't seem to leave very much seal left. I could stretch it over something bigger, but the seal material seems oto have a very good memory, and stretching seems to have no effect.

I'd like to get it replaced with a larger seal. Does anybody have any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks!

Terry

Terry,

Have you asked the LDS where you purchased the suit? They could probably help you size the neck seal properly.

Paula

The only options they know of are to stretch it, or trim it.

I've trimmed off most of the trimmable portion, and streched it, but trimming didn't help much, and stretching doesn't seem to be effective.

I'll probably have it replaced if nobody has any interesting ideas.

Terry

diver_paula:
Terry,

Have you asked the LDS where you purchased the suit? They could probably help you size the neck seal properly.

Paula

Neck seals only come in 2 sizes, "regular" & extra small.
Stretching doesn't work with latex neck seals.
You'd probably be better off hauling the critter back to the shop you got it from & maybe have the seal replaced with a conical seal instead of the bellows.
What's your neck measurement?

Bob3:
Neck seals only come in 2 sizes, "regular" & extra small.

I just googled drysuit neck seal and found that they come in everything from S - XL

Bob3:
you got it from & maybe have the seal replaced with a conical seal instead of the bellows.

It's got a conical seal now.

Bob3:
What's your neck measurement?

17 1/2.

Terry

Web Monkey:
It's got a conical seal now. Terry

Just trim it until it fits correctly! You are correct in it can be replaced with a larger size. I would trim it until it fit correctly and if you don't like it take it back and have them replace it with the right size.

Hallmac

Web Monkey:
... It's got a conical seal now. ...

No sweat then, as Hallmac says, trim 'till it fits.
The rings mean nothing as far as sealing, they're just there to assist in cutting a straight line.

Quite a few neck seals don't even have rings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom