Get Smart's Don Adams died - "sorry about that Chief"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi everyone,
woke up this morning to the news that Don Adams passed on during last night.

for me, Get Smart was one of our first US comedys shown here and its still being played here from time to time... the "cone of silence" always makes me laugh.

as Max would say "sorry about that Chief"

I spent 10 years as Don's personal friend.

Would you believe, I had dinner with him once?

Would you believe, I saw his third cousin's sister in line at the Fox Hills mall...?

Tennisee Tuxedo

"Mr. Woopie, You're the greatest!"

Ya know youre getting old.....when all your contemporaries are checking out of the net.

Hope him and Gilligan can do lunch

rich

PhotoTJ:
Tennisee Tuxedo

"Mr. Woopie, You're the greatest!"

Don't forget Inspector Gadget. There would be no Gadget without Get Smart.

Or a lot of other shows....

I was a huge fan. A HUGE fan. Not a creepy, no life dresses like the guy fan, but just a fan.

Loved every minute of Get Smart. Seen them all a zillion times. Lots of regulars on the show are still SoCal locals. See them from time to time.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that was an Electric Snake.

---
Ken

KAOS will be left unchecked, we'll miss agent 86. The part that always cracked me up was how he went through all those doors just in time except the last one, too funny

Maxwell Smart, Agent 86......................... Don Adams

U.S. Spy Parody
The premise of this cult-classic television comedy series is that an evil organization, KAOS, is attempting to take over the world. The forces of good, symbolized by the organization CONTROL, constantly battle KAOS to preserve order in the world. Maxwell Smart (Don Adams) is CONTROL Secret Agent 86. Yet Smart was anything but. A short, stupid, self-centered man, Smart is the antithesis--and parody--of everything conventionally represented by secret service agents in popular culture

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/09/27/BAG4OEUDL41.DTL

My old math teacher in HS used to spit out Maxwell Smart says left, right and center. I've never met a bigger Get Smart fan. My favorite was the shoe phone complete with analog dialer.

Like I said - huge fan.

I called a buddy of mine when we heard of his passing. We were laughing about stuff, and remembering going to see the Nude Bomb together at the Premier in Hollywood and all that rot

And he reminded me of a record he has of Don Adam's stand up. "Don Adams meets the roving reporter." Holy cow - I had forgotten all about it. We listened to it last night. Its so dated, but there is still just some funny, funny stuff on there.

From another Get Smart Episode:

Man cannot live in a bass drum.

First comedy series I remember as a kid (Though I wouldn't remember specific episodes). Woke up every weekend morning to it. My dad was a big fan. Rest in Peace Don Adams.

Rick, 10 years as his personal friend!? Where'd you guys go for the 1-time dinner?

Back
Top Bottom