Germany to Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mufazalov

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello, guys.
I am looking for somebody who is coming to Bali from Germany.

Here is an issue: I have a camera housing with a small Pelicase in Germany and I need some help gettimg it over to me in Indonesia. Just a housing, no camera inside.
My offer is if you could help me get my baby back to me I could give you a crash course in Freediving here in Bali (I am a certified Instructor) OR I could cover some of your expenses travelling here.

If you could help - give me a shout, please. We can arrange a win-win for both of us.

Sorry, I can't help you (I am not going to Bali any time soon unfortunately and I don't live in Germany either) but just for you information Indonesia has very strict rules for importing illegal stuff (eg narcotics carry a death penalty no question asked). There have been numerous cases of "innocent"/"naive" tourists carrying things on behalf of others accused and at best put in (horrible) prisons for life or most commonly just get death penalty.

Based on this, I highly doubt you will find anyone willing to carry anything on your behalf.

There are transport companies who do this. I know it is expensive, but well - that's life.

Good luck with it

Hi Stepfen!
Thank you for the info, thats some truly scary stuff. Just to stay on the safe side I would definitely ask the person to check the housing himself. I mean, its a housing for Lumix GH5 :)
Actually, just an hour ago I decided to go with DHL.
In case somebody is interested in shipping their uw housing - Insured and with tracking it is roughly around €200 from Ger to Bali.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom